Friday, July 17, 2009

Just A little Hello!

This next week is going to be very challenging and exciting. We are starting practice school, which means that all the English Education volunteers will be paired with a Moldovan teacher who will act as a mentor and help us compose lessons for practice school. I will be teaching 5th grade and 9th grade. As far as I know 25 5th graders from the local village will be in my class. Children from the local villages signed up to take part in the practice school. We all were given the correct textbooks and every day we will teach a 45minute lesson in english. I am so nervous and also excited to finally start teaching (even if it is just for practice!). Practice school will last for about two weeks. Wish me Luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Finally had a chance to look on here....how exciting Rachel!!! I am so happy for you being over there and cant wait to keep reading about all your adventures!! Love you cous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found the blog. It looks good and I bet you have been busy this past month teaching english ang getting settled into your host community. Aunt Sue told me about the chicken feet soup, good stuff! Can't wait to read more entries.
    toodles- cousin Phil

    ReplyDelete