Monday, July 6, 2009

PST IS SOO CRAZY BUSY!

Sorry I haven't been the greatest at updating this! I've send some emails out to people describing my experience here, but I just realized I haven't really done that on here. Romanina is getting really hard in that there is so much to remember from day to day and you really have to practice a ton to have it semented in your brain. Luckily I am hearing the manguage everywhere I go, so I've started to understand the gist of what is being said, it's just creating the sentences on my own that is so difficult for me.

Today I"m learning where my perminent site will be after my training! I have a feeling it will be fairly close to the capital since I brought perscription medication here, but the farthest site in Moldova is only 4 hours from the capital so one is never really far from the Peace Corps Office. I'm a little nervous about my site visit though because all the volunteers are being split up for the first time and everyone has to travel by themselves to meet their director and their new host families. I've really started feeling comfortable with the host family I have now, so it will be hard having to adjust to a new one so soon. Luckily I will be in Costesti, my training site, until the middle of August, so I still have time with my host family here.

Teaching English here in Moldova will be an excreme challenge I think for me. The good thing is that everything is extremely structured here as far as how they want you to write out your lesson plans and how to conduct classes here. However, that can also serve as a challenge because creativily might be hard to impliment due to the strick nature of how classes are run here.

I miss everyone in the states and I hope everything is great overe there! I have to run to class right now, but I'll make sure to let eveyone know about my perminent site as soon as I find out about all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment