Friday, October 9, 2009

Computer Problems

One of the realities I have noticed here in Moldova is that while there is access to technology, it can be more of a headache than a convienance to try to maintain them. Here viruses are very common and unfortunatley I got a really nasty one on my computer. I've been trying to contact people who might be able to help, but so far nothing has been able to work. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to fix it since I'll be in the capital and I'm meeting up with some other volunteers who know much more about computers than I do...keep your fingers crossed! As soon as I get this situation cleared up I'll be able to post some more pictures of my village. It is so beautiful here now in Autumn! In the mornings there is usually fog and all the leaves are changing colors and falling on the ground. I got to pick grapes with my family (which is a lot harder work than I thought it would be!) and the other weekend we shelled corn. There is a lot of work that people have to do in their gardens to get ready for Winter. A couple of the nights have been really cold, but for the most part it's been cozy and pleasant!

Teaching is still presenting itself as a challange - I'm finding that English Grammar is really hard to understand, even if you're a native speaker! I just hope and pray that I'm doing my best! Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers and packages!

No comments:

Post a Comment